Secondary

Saturday, November 8, 2008 0 comments

Long ago, I used to home brew beer. I have been fortunate over the last several years to have a friend who owns a brewery, The Craftsman Brewing Co. of Pasadena, CA. I met Mark back in the summer of 1997 when I thought it would be fun to brew a batch. Mark provided some guidance, and many batch were brewed and drank in the kitchen and back porch of my friend Pat. Well after the Alaska trip of 2000 and the changes that brought to my life, brewing was put on the back burner. Then this past summer I decided to cook up a batch. Well my brewing equipment had long since disappeared, so I ordered some stuff from Northern Brewer. They have a great deal on shipping as long as you do not need the stuff "tomorrow". They also have a good selection of extract recipe kits. The equipment arrived, and I brewed up the "New Old Ale". Kind of a malty big beer, that I am still enjoying. The second kit I ordered was the "Nut Brown Ale". I finally got around to cooking it up last week. Today I transferred it to the secondary fermentor. I should be bottling it later this week, and ready to drink in early December.

0 comments: to “ Secondary so far...