A little wild life

Saturday, May 30, 2009 0 comments

I made it to Alaska safely and am getting settled in. I have a small cabin in Gustavus, and have been spending my days flying back and forth to Juneau. The other day I had the opportunity to ride along on a park service sea otter survey. They fly around looking for sea otters and count them. This picture is a part of a large group of otters. The surveyer said the group contained about 450 animals total.
I was able to see 2 moose as we flew around, only got a picture of one.
As we flew around we also saw many seals and sea lions, a couple of bears, and some humpback whales. It is has been fun so far. The weather is pretty good, a bit of rain the last couple of days but supposed to clear up and be in the 70's on Monday!!






0 comments: to “ A little wild life so far...