A New Surfboard

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 1 comments

Gowing up in Southern California, I have constantly been asked, "Do you surf?" Well after years of embarassment and the answer being, "No", I finally made the time to give it a try. Thanks to a friend, Jeff, I was able to borrow a board and he gave me some pointers to help me get started. Well after a summer of borrowing a board I decided I should get my own. I did a bit of looking around and came across a company called Grain Surfboards. They make hollow wood surfboards as well as kits for individuals to build their own hollow wood surfboard. Well, since I enjoy woodworking projects, I figured this would be fun. So after 6 months of wanting to do this project, I placed the order with Grain as a Christmas present to myself. Finally, at the end of February the kit arrived!

Now that I have bored you with that background info, I will bore you with the construction process.

1 comments: to “ A New Surfboard so far...

  • dezertratt64 March 6, 2008 at 1:26 PM
     

    that thing looks cool but more work then i would have pateints for! lol! good father son thing to build! it will either be a gnarly board to catch a wave or a cool table top by the bbq! lol!