Neck

Sunday, February 7, 2010 0 comments

I have gotten the neck of the archtop guitar ready for the fingerboard to be glued on. There are two fingerboards in this picture. I had planned to use the one that has the inlay. Well I made a small mistake. The inlay fretmarkers are in the worng location. I have the first one int he correct location, but the one in on the seventh fret is off. I put it on the 8th. Then counting from there I ended up putting the 12th one fret off as well in the 13th location. Unfortunately I didn't catche the mistake until I was placing the fretboard on the neck. I checked my local wood stores and was unable to find an ebony fingerboard blank, so I had to mail order one. I went ahead and ordered it pre slotted and radiused. Saves me the time of doing those tasks again, tasks I do not like doing very much anyway.

The new blank has been tapered , and now glued to the neck. Not real exciting, but finally some more progress!!!! I will be able to begin shaping the neck tomorrow.

0 comments: to “ Neck so far...